Initial Configuration not complete after FW Update

Resolving problems with software and hardware

Модератор: DanMc85

iulibiz

Initial Configuration not complete after FW Update

Сообщение iulibiz »

I am a new user of UCDS and to start slow, i thought of updating some modules in my MK5 using the Update Wizard.
After updating the firmware for the CCM (Cruise Control Module) I immediately started having problems : Adaprive cruise control not available error notification.
To fix this i got the as build from the internet and wrote it to the module. After this the options for adaptive cruise control are again available in the gage cluster but when trying to activate CC I receive an error saying that CC is not available.
The error that I receive now is that the Forward Looking sensor is not alligned (configuration missing).
I have looked in the Forward Looking Sensor FLS section and for me that is null. Should I set this to a value?
I have these options:

Single Target Factory
Dual Target Factory

Another issue that I am facing is that my UCDS seems to not be able to properly communicate with some modules:
When reading DTC's some modules return a "The module does not answer" notification - why is that?

Thank you for the help
Ford Mondeo MK5 Titanium 2015 (210PS, Powershift) with too many options.
Belgium

rob180

Re: Initial Configuration not complete after FW Update

Сообщение rob180 »

Your UCDS is connecting correctly its just your car will not have all the modules. For example if you do not have Blind Spot (BLIS) then UCDS will not not able to find SODR and SODL which are the left and right detection modules. Another example if you don't have a heated steering wheel then UCDS will not find HSWM and will return the error of "The module does not answer" due to the fact that its not there!

As with the ACC not working you may need to recalibrate the ACC. You can do this by launching UCDS and clicking on Mondeo5/Fusion/S-max > Spec.procedures > CCM > Adaptive Cruise Control Calibration (ACC). UCDS will tell you to drive the vehicle on a straight road over 30mph until the message in the IPC clears. This should recalibrate the ACC

Also try and reset the module. You can do this but right clicking on the module under Mondeo5/Fusion/S-max in the DTC / Poll modules and clicking reset module or reset all modules

kroligoff

Сообщение kroligoff »

Need load in CCM Direct Configuration. After make Calibration from special procedures

iulibiz

Сообщение iulibiz »

Thank you both for your answers
I managed to properly realign the sensor and got the CC working again - this is working now with the old version software ( DG9T-14D049-HD )

Of course because I am stubborned, I want to update to the new version of the CCM which is DG9T-14D049-HG.
When updating to this version I immediately receive the "Pre Colission assist not available " error.
When I try to load the As built data from Direct Configuration, it loads ok, but when I try to "write to module" i receive an error saying "All operations done: Errors: 2" I do not know what error are those and I do not know where to find them (the Logs folder in USDS does not contain any readable data)
How do I properly write the configuration to the CCM in this situation?

Where can I get some release notes of these different versions of firmware? How can I get the information to find out what are the differences between the firmware?
Belgium

kroligoff

Сообщение kroligoff »

I think after update on new sw need reload Direct config in CCM module. And Again make Adaptation.

FMC not provide information about new sw , maybe only if have TSB.

iulibiz

Сообщение iulibiz »

I am trying to use the direct configuration but I get the Errors 2 message.
And this tells me that the module writing has not been successful. I cannot get past this error, even if I load from as built or if I load from file.

At the end the writing of the module fails.
Are there any settings that I have to change in the security dropdown ?
Belgium

rob180

Сообщение rob180 »

Under direct configuration there are more then one CCM have you tried selecting a different CCM and trying to rewrite module?

If this fails you could try with FORScan, download from forscan.org and get a demo ext licence, once all setup with the licence and you are connected to the car select the little chip icon on the left and find CCM (as built) and click the play button, you will be listed with the AS BUILT data. You can confirm your data is correct (you AS BUILT can be downloaded from motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt (on first visit select us as your country and English) then reload that link and enter your vin number!

If you need help getting the data post your VIN number or PM me.

After you have confirmed the data is correct write all data to the module. If successful go back to UCDS and calibrate the ACC!

note you can not run UCDS and forscan at the same time!

iulibiz

Сообщение iulibiz »

The CCM that I have selected is the one that shows the part number which is also in the Poll data (DG9T-9G768-HD) - So. i have selected the CCM (DG9T-*)
I do not understand the logic of updating a CCM module with a different number than the one on my vehicle. (I do not believe that this is so arbitrary.... that updating a random module actually PROPERLY updates the module that I am actually using in the car).

I also have Forscan and have used it before getting UCDS. The problem that I have with the Forscan asbuilt is that that will modifiy the asbuilt for the entire vehicle, not only the one of the CCM (if I understand wrong how this works please correct me).

I am trying to understand if I am doing things correctly or not:

The Update Wizard tells me i have to do this update:
Part Number: DG9T-9G768-HD
Current Version: DG9T-14D049-HD
Update Version: DG9T-14D049-HG
IDS Calibration Level: DG9T-9G768-HG

I only realised later that after pressing NEXT in the CCM update section I have a configuration file that is different than the one from the previous screen: instead of DG9T-9G768-HG I had DG9T-14D050-HF
These are the files in the Update section:
Secondary bootloader: EJ7T-14D051-AA
Vehicle Manufacturer ECU Software: DID: F188 Current Software Part: DG9T-14D049-HD Update Software Part: DG9T-14D049-HG
ECU Calibration Data #1: DID: F124 Update Software Part: DG9T-14D049-HF

After the update i have this:
Part Number: DG9T-9G768-HD
Current Version: DG9T-14D049-HG
Update Version: DG9T-14D049-HG
IDS Calibration Level: DG9T-9G768-HG

Also, after the update I get a complete mess of DTC's all over the IPMA, BCM, ABS, Headlamps etc....
The main problem being that Cruise Control is now inoperative.

When I try to load the AsBuilt from the DirectConfig, UCDS is unable to write to the module and it returns the error that I previously described: "Failed to write block DE00 of data... Error: security Access Denied [0x33]".

I have noticed that the two values that are different are :
14 ECU Mode Configuration DIDs -DE00 (Values in LROS ModuleCfgEngine and LROS ModuleCfgDistAlert are missing and should be written)
15 VIN ECU Configuration - DE01 (VIN is missing and should be written)

I am thinking to either try to write the AsBuilt fia Forscan (if possible)...
Also.... Can I use the IDS configuration file from the original software version (that was working on the car) but with the new software ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Belgium

kroligoff

Сообщение kroligoff »

For change Direct Config
Need change access to
Session 0x03, Security 0x01
https://wiki.ucdsys.ru/doku.php?id=fordf3k2:acc

iulibiz

Сообщение iulibiz »

@kroligoff - Thank you for the response however doing these changes as described did not allow me to write the module.
The error that I receive now is: "No answer on SEED request Error: [0x00]"

How is it possible that I can read the module but I am unable to write it? Also, updating other modules is successfull.

(Also I can update the CCM module to the old version without a problem)
Belgium

kroligoff

Сообщение kroligoff »

Please provide poll module from dtc section

iulibiz

Сообщение iulibiz »

This is a saved pool data for the module (I saved it 2 days ago).

Module Name: CCMNetwork: HS2 Protocol: GGDS
F110On-line Diagnostic Database Reference NumberDSFK7T-9G768-AA
F111ECU Core Assembly NumberFK7T-14F089-AA
F113ECU Delivery Assembly NumberDG9T-9G768-HD
F120ECU Software #2 Part NumberNo response
F124ECU Calibration Data #1 NumberDG9T-14D050-HF
F162Software Download Specification VersionNo response
F163Diagnostic Specification Version0x03
F188Vehicle Manufacturer ECU Software NumberDG9T-14D049-HG
F18CECU Serial Number150810077

( PS: I will make a new one this evening when I get to the car - to see if they are different )
Belgium

kroligoff

Сообщение kroligoff »

I send to pm hotfix

iulibiz

Сообщение iulibiz »

Hello
The fix provided has indeed worked. Kroligoff gave me a new UCDS,udb file which has allowed me to properly write the CCM module.
Now cruise control is working again as normal.

I have done some other updates to other modules and now I have some issues:
For example the APIM and the Headlight module do not like each other anymore and I have problems with them AFTER i updated the Trailer module.
The Apim is problematic because that is a retrofit (initially I had a sync2) and the configuration file for the sync3 has been created for me by DanMC85. Now I am trying to update the configuration file from Dan via Forscan , but Forscan has some problems and does not allow me to open the abt file...
Can I load .abt files via UCDS?
Belgium

kroligoff

Сообщение kroligoff »

You can load ab use Direct Config (need rename ext to .xml)

Ответить