How does the update wizard work?

Resolving problems with software and hardware

Модератор: DanMc85

Ответить
sedde

How does the update wizard work?

Сообщение sedde »

Hello, of course i do understand hos the wizard works in updating modules i just want to ask how it is getting files from the server.

Example my car was made on july 2016 and through etis it says that i need to update my pcm software, but a friend of mine bought it 2 months ago and doesnt need that update.

Will connecting the software to both cars give the same result? Or it checks vin numbers and gives specific updates for each car?

I want to know that because another pcm update was issued a while ago, and i cannot see it being available for my car.

Thanks in advance.

DanMc85
Контактная информация:

Re: How does the update wizard work?

Сообщение DanMc85 »

It pulls the same update information that the official Ford IDS program would have... so if ford officially shows the update then UCDS will show the update.
The only way to override/flash something that isn't officially for your module is to force the firmware files flash with the VBF Loader option.

sedde

Сообщение sedde »

Ok this is what i wanted to know. So we are basically connecting with ford's servers, or a server that the guys who created ucdsys maintain?

Also, if you update a module (presuming that you connect to fords server) does their system also gets updated that you updated the module or?

I am afraid that the pcm updates might void my warranty if i do them on my own and then take the car for a service or a scheduled check and they connect it to ids and see that an update has manually been on the car without them knowing.

Thanks for your reply.

sev611

Сообщение sev611 »

they will be able to see what the pcm calibration is but not when it had been put in the module if tey use etis ids it will report back to ford but not too factory data the only thing that report back too factory is fdrs there you can see where -who -when it was updated it take info that it is able to get i think it is to be able to pin point failure in files to get them called back before it costs too much in warenty money
iam working with ford and we where told that if they by any reason find a error in a file they will be able correct it world wide in 3 hours because we program online in fdr when it works :)

rgds sev

sedde

Сообщение sedde »

So should i update my modules via ucdsys or not?

dr_mfks@hotmail.com

Сообщение dr_mfks@hotmail.com »

DanMc85 писал(а): 30 мар 2017, 23:59 It pulls the same update information that the official Ford IDS program would have... so if ford officially shows the update then UCDS will show the update.
The only way to override/flash something that isn't officially for your module is to force the firmware files flash with the VBF Loader option.
hello DanMc85 ,
i used the update wizard on ucds for my navigator L 15my (0u418) by selecting by using non-L (0u228) profile and all went good and updated on ucds ,
but the problem when i connect Forscan or nexzdas it cannot identify the car and ask me to input pcm part# or strategy or calibration but even after that it cannot identify It.
It was identifying before update>
How to fix that?

Ответить