PDM and DDM update - Folding mirrors and Puddle Lamps Dead

New Ford cosmic car

Модератор: DanMc85

Ответить
flintdk

PDM and DDM update - Folding mirrors and Puddle Lamps Dead

Сообщение flintdk »

I updated my PDM and DDM on my right hand drive mondeo using the update wizard - why not I thought! Both updates appeared to go fine.

After the update a couple of things stopped working:
-> The folding mirrors don't folder, either automatically on lock/unlock or using the button in the door. Nothing, just dead.
-> The puddle lamps don't light up when you unlock/lock the car.
-> The controls for the windows and mirrors in the drivers door are reversed! So if I try to open the drivers window, the passenger opens. And vice versa

So - I thought I better fix this!
-> The way the controls are reversed makes me think I have installed some left-hand drive firmware on my right-hand drive car? Is that possible?
-> I did a module reset on the two modules, this made no difference
-> I pulled the battery on the car to let everything reset, waited 30 seconds, then reconnected. This made no difference.
-> I restored the original firmware using the VBF loader. This made no difference.

What should I try next? Would really appreciate any help,
thanks, flintdk.

janel

Re: PDM and DDM update - Folding mirrors and Puddle Lamps De

Сообщение janel »

What were the initial and the updated firmware versions? Have you saved the direct configuration for the modules before and restored it after the update? You can also try to load the AsBuilt on them modules too...

flintdk

Сообщение flintdk »

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. The PDM was:
OLD:
DG9T-14C111-AA
DG9T-14C108-AY
DG9T-14C639-DA
NEW:
DG9T-14C111-AA
DG9T-14C108-AZ
DG9T-14C639-DD

The DDM was:
OLD:
DG9T-14C067-AA
DG9T-14C064-AY
DG9T-14C637-DA
NEW:
DG9T-14C067-AA
DG9T-14C064-AZ
DG9T-14C637-DD

I did not save the direct configuration for the modules before the update :oops: :o :shock: - I'm new to UCDS and am still learning. So - in future I'll do that all the time, but this time I did not.

I have not restored the asBuilt configuration using the Direct Configuration tool in UCDS - yet.

What I do have is backups using FORScan of the DDM and PDM configuration before I updated the modules. I've used FORScan for about a year so have more experience with that. I will try restoring the FORScan backups once I get home to see if that resolves the issue!

janel

Сообщение janel »

Try the ASBuilt first, you should be all right

flintdk

Сообщение flintdk »

... and.... I restored the FORScan backups of the configuration and everything worked again! Happy days.

Thanks for the help - and lesson learned - always take a configuration backup using the DirectConfiguration tool **BEFORE running the update wizard

Can you by any chance explain why the update wizard backups (which I did take by the way - I thought these "were enough") store the Direct configuration data for all the DE blocks... but not the FD blocks that are also backed up when using the DirectConfiguration tool?

Many thanks!

Ответить