Some further details required

Welcome...

Модератор: DanMc85

Ответить
4evermetalhead

Some further details required

Сообщение 4evermetalhead »

Hi all,

I am after some further details on UCDS, which i cant seem to find on the website or here on the forum.

1. What exactly can be done for each token (for level one and level two) to each vehicle?
2. What is the coverage list?
3. For software wizzard token level two is needed?
4. For general diagnosis each time a level one token is needed? If i make diagnosis same day to same vehicle ten times i will need 10 tokens?
5. Software wizzard makes any backup of the ecu before flashing, just in case something goes wrong, so we can go back to the working software? Also is it possible to downgrade a flash file on an ecu instead of updating?
6. Do we need account to Ford Etis?
7. What options do we have for Mazda?
8. Is there a software wizzard for Mazda as well?
9. Is it possible to change language of vehicle (for both Ford and Mazda) from either English or Japanese to any other language? Also is possible for Mazda to change from Japanese at least to English?
10. Is key programming or PATS learning possible? Is incode outcode provided as well? Also can it program used diesel pump on vehicle's PATS?

Thank you.

4evermetalhead

Re: Some further details required

No one??

If anyone can show some light to any of the questions or even at least one, I would appreciate it.
At least some of you are users and know about tokens and for software wizard or ETIS a few details..........

sev611

Сообщение sev611 »

hello i will try to help a litle you only need tokens when you are programing some ekstra features as ipc software to another level than it is born with and when making a different distance in ipc (down)
you need some tokens in evel4 or 5 when chiptuning
you can change asbuilt codes and direct config for free and read and erease codes (diagnose ) for free
it cost tokens when you want some handbuilt software
you dont need a etis acount when updating modules it is free
it is not possible to do pats or pumps there forscan with extended licence and ford acces to oasis+ would do it because there it is poosible to get the in codes you uses on the ford pat site in oasis+
i cant use my adaptor with etis or fdrs it i found as a j2534 interface but not acepted by ford (last time i tried ) i have full acces to ford etis -fdrs
about mazda i dont know if it is the same with direct config and asbuilt but i think that asbuilt s possible to do
i dont know if it was any help but it was a start
rgds sev

4evermetalhead

sev611 писал(а):hello i will try to help a litle you only need tokens when you are programing some ekstra features as ipc software to another level than it is born with and when making a different distance in ipc (down)
you need some tokens in evel4 or 5 when chiptuning
you can change asbuilt codes and direct config for free and read and erease codes (diagnose ) for free
it cost tokens when you want some handbuilt software
you dont need a etis acount when updating modules it is free
it is not possible to do pats or pumps there forscan with extended licence and ford acces to oasis+ would do it because there it is poosible to get the in codes you uses on the ford pat site in oasis+
i cant use my adaptor with etis or fdrs it i found as a j2534 interface but not acepted by ford (last time i tried ) i have full acces to ford etis -fdrs
about mazda i dont know if it is the same with direct config and asbuilt but i think that asbuilt s possible to do
i dont know if it was any help but it was a start
rgds sev
Hi sev,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes this was at least something and you actually did clear quite a few questions.
I really appreciate your time responding back to me, with these information.

Full access to Ford IDS ETIS doesn't require to have the PC as well, and two license, one for IDS one for ETIS??? (I am in Europe, if you are referring to another location)
From what i saw in Ford website, you need 4500 Euro/year to have access to it. Which is very expensive to have if you don't specialize in Ford vehicles.

Thanks.

sev611

Сообщение sev611 »

i dont think that 4500 euro is for full access i ithink that is just for manuels and wireing diagrams and some software not all because i now that there are some shops in denmark thatthink they have full access but key programming is not possible and some warenty things iam working at alarge ford store in denmark so we have full access to eu ford models but not to us ford bt some of the us models we have the possibility to reprogram in ids but not in fdrs iknow that there are a fdrs program to the us models that are free to download i dont know if ucds is useible there or the update manager in ucds can be used to make updates
in general ucds is much faster to use than the original tools from ford and it is possible to more things with ucds
one thing i miss is as other are saying key programming and initialisation of modules to each other

rgds sev

4evermetalhead

Thanks sev for the info. So no need to have ETIS for the most part with UCDS then.

From what i see though, etis does not make any mistakes on programming, and has no need to choose which file to program ( is a more dumb proof and fail safe UI). In the ucds case though, you have to choose the software and sometimes does not display if there is a software update correctly(??!!) I think, as well as the possibility of flashing the incorrect software.
Did i understood this correctly or is it a misconception??

Yes matching ecus to the rest vehicle would be nice to have, allowing freedom of choice for new or used parts, and more accurate troubleshooting since that would help verify a faulty control unit.
Immobilize programming would be useful too, but lets face it, putting the right gun to the wrong persons hands, would be really bad idea. Though there are countless tools for that.

Still immobilizer programming for second hand fuel pumps would be 10000000% useful and very very VERY nice to have.

Thanks.

sev611

Сообщение sev611 »

i have used fdrs and etis to recover a ipc that had disapered from ucds it was not to be found when we ade a scan it was total dead i recovered it with fdrs it took 3-5 hour to complete the programming it happened be cause a power failure where the battery support was shut off and the computer died for power in the middele of a programming of the ipc
rgds sev

Ответить